- Farrah's doctor calls her cancer a 'terrorist'... uncontrollable, unpredictable, aggressive, powerful enough to destroy all that is healthy and good.
- Her doctor also told her to 'let go' of her cancer and hold on to life... but I find myself wondering, how can you 'let go' of cancer when it won't let go of you?
- Farrah says she feels like a stranger in her own body... taken captive by cancer.
- She calls her cancer her own private war.
- Ryan O'Neal says of Farrah, "She doesn't want anyone to pity her or worry. She always puts on this brave front as if everything is fine, when it's not."
From Farrah's journal:
"I miss my life - I want it back - and I want it now."
"I know that everyone will die eventually, but I do not want to die of this disease. I want to stay alive."
"There is a reason for all this, it is a challenge to my very core - to my strength, my mind, my spirit, and my soul."
"What a journey," Farrah says as she is in agonizing pain after treatments.
Farrah reads from her diary about her son on his 30th b-day: "When one day you wake up... and realize I am gone, I will still be there, always. Always w/ you, forever in you. I will always be there."
Through out the whole film, all I could think of was mom. But these points specifically hit me... especially Farrah's own words. It was almost as if I could hear my mom saying these same things... actually, she did say them. I remember. I was so taken aback by how Farrah's experiences, thoughts, emotions, and words mirrored my own mother's.
No comments:
Post a Comment