Saturday, April 10, 2010

Update w/ some preggie pics

There's so much I want to do and say on this blog... but I just do not have the energy and time to devote to posting and "finishing" my thoughts right now. I start so many half posts... w/ things that I've been thinking about, questions that are unanswered, stuff I'd like to share. But it's just so hard for me to "finish". I'm really good at that by the way - starting things and not finishing. I'm hoping I'll become a more faithful "poster" once I'm not working full time and am able to just be a stay at home moma and wife. But then I have no idea what to expect w/ that either. We'll see.

So... I'll at least try to do a preggie update. I haven't really posted much on here about my pregnancy and that makes me so sad. I wish I had more time to reflect, process, and record this wonderfully amazing time in my life (and it is truly amazing). I really, really love being pregnant! It is such an amazing experience that I am so humbled to be able to experience. I am currently 22 wks. Soon I'll be 6 months and be over half way through my pregnancy and that much closer to holding this lil guy in my arms!

I absolutely love that I am "showing" now. I haven't been really sick during this pregnancy so feeling him move and "showing" makes this so much more real. The other day I noticed that I am getting much bigger, so I got out the camera and tried to get some good "preggie" pics to capture my growing belly. I spent even longer playing on picnik trying out all the different effects of editing them. You can find a few below w/ different effects for each. It was so hard for me to decide which "effect" I liked best - I'm leaning toward the cross process effect but am curious which ones you like. So don't be afraid to leave a comment w/ which pic you like best and what effect. I'd like to do something w/ these - but don't know what. I'd appreciate your opinion/advice on what you think:

effect: soft w/ vignette
effect: cross process
effect: regular w/ vignette

effect: antique w/ either ortonish or lomoish?effect: cross processeffect: soft w/ vignetteeffect: ortonish or lomoish?
effect: cross process
I took several more and have one in particular that I really want to share... but am waiting for when Ryan is comfortable sharing our lil boy's name. So, I'll wait a lil while on that one.

Sometimes I still find myself thinking, "Wow - is this really happening?" This is such a surreal experience. I find myself getting frustrated at times though b/c I feel like we are so busy to enjoy this time and prepare for parenthood. I am shocked at how fast the weeks pass by and realize that we've done very little to "prepare" for our lil boy. I mean, we're prepared practically, but not necessarily spiritually. And I get a lil scared sometimes thinking, "Will I know what to do w/ a lil boy?" I'm so used to girls... I don't know exactly how to "parent" boys.

Have any of you found yourself in this position - feeling inadequate or unprepared for parenting a specific gender? Who do you go to for advice on parenting and how have you "prepared" yourself for this new role? What fears do you have about parenting? What books, sermons, etc. have effected your view on parenting? Any advice for this busy moma expecting a lil boy will be greatly appreciated! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I began working on a comment two nights ago. It got deleted and I just now came back to it! :)
    I love these photos--it makes me so excited to see your sweet pregnant self in a month and a half!
    The cross-process effect on your photographs is my favorite for sure! Love it.
    And those are great questions to be asking!! I have some answers but will probably email them or something. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete