Following is a song given to me by a dear friend. This is her friend singing and I have no idea if she wrote it or not (leave a comment, Maris, if you know!). What I do know is that God has used this song to draw me to Him again and again... particularly relating to my struggle w/ wanting to be pregnant and dealing w/ the loss of pregnancy.
The lyrics are what touch me most...
03 Unfailing Love.wma - Kenny and Sue
You see w/ eyes that see beyond all I can know
Proving you are sovereign Lord
You reach into the depths of my wandering soul
Purify me
And how long oh Lord will you forget me
And how long will you hide your face from me
And how long must I wrestle w/ my thoughts
And my enemies triumph over me
Still I will sing:
When you call to me
I will run to you
Though it be through a dry and weary land
In the absence of certainty
I will cling to the promises of your unfailing love
And tomorrow is invisible to my eyes
And today is one more day to wait for you
I am cold but I know that I am alive
Hold on to me
Look on me and answer oh Lord my God
And give light unto my eyes so I can see
My enemies they say they will overcome
As my failures are laid bare for all to see
{chorus}
You’ve been good to me before
You’ll be good to me again
So I cast off my fear
And I cast off my pain
And I cast off my doubt
And I trust only in you
Only in your name
Your unfailing love
Proving you are sovereign Lord
You reach into the depths of my wandering soul
Purify me
And how long oh Lord will you forget me
And how long will you hide your face from me
And how long must I wrestle w/ my thoughts
And my enemies triumph over me
Still I will sing:
When you call to me
I will run to you
Though it be through a dry and weary land
In the absence of certainty
I will cling to the promises of your unfailing love
And tomorrow is invisible to my eyes
And today is one more day to wait for you
I am cold but I know that I am alive
Hold on to me
Look on me and answer oh Lord my God
And give light unto my eyes so I can see
My enemies they say they will overcome
As my failures are laid bare for all to see
{chorus}
You’ve been good to me before
You’ll be good to me again
So I cast off my fear
And I cast off my pain
And I cast off my doubt
And I trust only in you
Only in your name
Your unfailing love
Love this and yes she did! :)
ReplyDelete