
"How can this be happening?? I'm 47 yr old. I guess God knows of a future out there for me that I'm not made to go thru. So, my days will end earlier than usual. My cousins were in their 50's... not 4o's!!So, just to clarify some of the things my mom was referencing. Most of her family on her father's side had suffered and died from lung cancer. I believe her dad was in his late 60's when he succumbed to the same disease. She was just so shocked b/c she was one of the youngest. And to top it off, she had quit smoking a couple years earlier and had really got on a health kick. None of it seemed to make sense.
Cassidy is only 5. They have to be scared. Knowing that their Nana is dying and not really knowing what that means.
They haven't even been around death.
Oh, I've got to lie down!!
It hurts somewhere else everyday. I won't be driving my car anymore!!! I never did get to use it!! Finally a nice car or the other comforts I have of home now.
I never was one that believed in money buying happiness. It sure can make life easier but not happier."
Right before my mom was diagnosed, her husband had just bought her a *newer* used car. My mom had spent her entire life struggling to make ends meet and worrying about bills. Being a single mother, she naturally went w/out a lot of comforts. Once she remarried again, it was the first time in her life she got to kick back and not worry about bills, work, and going w/out.
my daddy was finally preparing to retire when he got sick. and kenneth was finally getting old enough that him and papw could go "tromping thru the woods". its truly not fair. no one deserve to be taken when they have so much more life to live...
ReplyDelete