Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My new favorite song: Revelation Song

I'm not a big fan of Christian or worship music. I became a Christian in college and have had a deep love for music my whole life. But for some reason, I could not bring myself to 'enjoy' Christian culture music, including those 20 something worship songs every church sings over and over. I tend to connect better w/ God through secular or instrumental music. But every now and then God sends a [worship] song or a [Christian] artist my way that totally captivates my heart. David Crowder, Misty Edwards, Isa Couvertier, Heather Clark, John Mark McMillan, Rita Springer... to name a few.

And when I do find a new song I love - I wear it out! I listen to it repeatedly over a matter of months until I have absorbed every part of the song. I have only heard this song twice and I can't not listen to it w/out breaking down. It is so, so beautiful to me. I haven't even meditated on the words yet - and it still has this profound affect on me. So, introducing my new favorite song (and probably my new favorite artist) - hope you enjoy!

Revelation Song by Kari Jobe


I love the old man at the beginning of the video worshiping w/ his arms wide open - so beautiful. Oh and I apologize for the end of the video when it gets a lil crazy and some man blowing a horn magically appears (kinda funny).

Oh, and I realized after the fact (when Ryan pointed it out), that I've probably heard this song more than I think and it's not so new. Nonetheless, it's new to me and I LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, too! It is so refreshing and beautiful to worship to corporately!

    ReplyDelete