I thought this was a good idea and didn't want to forget it, hence why I'm dedicating a post to this idea:
My oldest niece, Savannah, is coming to CO to spend a week or so w/ us this summer (yippie!) and one of the things I wanted to do w/ her is make a scrapbook about Nana for her to keep. She has expressed several times that she doesn't have a lot of 'things' to remember her Nana by... although she has a heart and mind full of memories. As I've mentioned before, Savannah was very close to my mom and even felt like she was her mother as well.
Instead of me making a scrapbook for Savannah, I thought it would be better for us to make one together... that way she can recall special memories and moments that only she may remember. While browsing this grief scrapbooking site, I found this: (click below to see the pic of the scrapbook page)
Remembering mom brainstorm web
What a wonderful idea. I love the idea of coming up w/ all these words/phrases that remind us of mom/nana and then having other pages that actually share the stories behind the words/phrases. I think this would be such a great thing to do w/ Savannah. I'm glad I found this, b/c this could end up guiding our scrapbook altogether. I'm looking forward to starting this project w/ her and seeing what the end result is (which I hope to share here!). I think this will be a very healing and even a bonding experience for me and Savannah.
Sounds of 2013
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment