Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Savannah's 13!

I've been playing around w/ a new tool my friend introduced me to called Mosaic Maker. I put together a collage of Savannah growing up through the years and just had to share it. For some reason I felt these pictures were more personal and that's why I chose to share them here instead of our family blog. But I did share her mini b-day scrapbook there if you want to check it out.

As I was rummaging through all my mom's old pics looking for these of Savannah - it brought back a lot memories. I found so many wonderful pictures and wanted to share them all! But, I will pace myself and find the right times to share the old pics and memories.

I have been missing mom a lot here lately and wanting to share about her more. Savannah and mom were very, very close. Savannah was mom's first grandchild and boy did she get all of my mom's undivided attention. It was really hard on the girls when mom got sick and died. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about a child that young losing someone so important and central to their life. Savannah just had her 9th birthday when mom died. Mom was there for every moment in Savannah's life and then all of a sudden - poof - she's gone. That's how I imagine it must have felt like for Savannah.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get all depressing - I just can't help but think about everything she's been through when I look at these pictures. I can remember exactly what was going on in her life when each of these pictures were taken. I love her so much and treasure every memory I have w/ her. She is such an amazing girl! She is so wise, compassionate, loving, and understanding for her age. I'm really shocked at her maturity sometimes. But then, it makes sense, b/c she's had to learn to grow up at such a young age. Ok... so on to the pictures. (click on it to see it close up)

Savannah Nicole through the years...

Isn't she beautiful? I swear - when my sister's kids were born, I felt like I've never seen any children more beautiful than them. Perhaps when I have my own children, they will have someone to contend with! ;) We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment