Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Visiting mom: 4 years later (prelude)

Four years ago tomorrow, my mother died. That’s still weird to say... my mother died. I had hoped to be finish sharing her cancer story by this point and share about that morning I woke up and she was gone. However, there’s still so much of the story left untold. So, on this particular day (Sept.23), I thought I would share about visiting mom 4 years later...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m listening to Death Cab this morning (Aug.21) – I love this band and have realized no matter how much I listen to them, I never get sick of their music. I’ve also realized something else; my thoughts almost always drift to death in some way when I listen to them. I know that sounds morbid and depressing – but it’s not to me. I don’t know how to explain it. It’s as if I have developed a consciousness of death since mom died. And I’ve noticed in a lot of Death Cab’s songs, he speaks of death, loss, or something similar.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

While listening to this song (Grapevine Fires) this morning, it somehow reminded me of visiting mom’s grave site the last time I was in TN. I haven’t really thought about it since I left. Probably b/c it was hard… probably b/c as soon as I landed in CO, I learned of the loss of our pregnancy… probably b/c it was all too much to think about.

However, this morning, I’m thinking about it...

2 comments:

  1. oh bless your heart, I pray that the Lord will give you comfort..... Where was Sharon laid to rest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Thank you for sharing all of this.

    ReplyDelete