Friday, June 26, 2009

Pages from her story: June 26, 2005

By this point most people had learned of mom's diagnosis. Flowers and cards had began coming in. On this particular day we had the family over to celebrate a late father's day and well, really for the family just to sit and visit w/ mom. My uncle (who had been my mom's best friend all through out life and had recently been a bit absent) came by and brought his guitar to cheer mom up.

"I just can't believe this is really happening. Well, it is - The cancer has been there 5 yrs. To be as large as it is and into both lungs - in bones - ribs I think. The irony of it all... I wanted the bed room fixed so bad. So I could have my own room. Now I can't even sleep in it. The way my back hurts..."
And as you can see below, my mom was still so concerned about my wedding. The doctors had told her to not do anything and that she really shouldn't be apart of all the planning b/c they didn't want her to get stressed and they wanted her to focus on resting and taking care of herself. But, as you can tell (and will tell) - she did not heed their words. She wanted so bad to be a part of every detail in the wedding.

"Candace be back and maybe we can get some more of wedding decided. My lungs aren't wheezing as bad, hurting across lower back though this am."

1 comment:

  1. Candace, your blog makes me cry every time that I read it, BUT it actually helps me. I ALWAYS feel better after reading it, its like we are talking to each other. I so wish that you lived near me...

    ReplyDelete